Monday, March 28, 2022

220328 Sentinel, It is written

Happiness comes from within.

That simple statement will make people shake their heads in disbelief. Most things that sound too simple to be true are indeed true, but we don’t want to believe them. We think a complex being needs a complex solution to resolve a situation. The reality is that happiness comes from within. We humans tend to believe that things we attain will make us happy, like wealth, possessions, power are what makes people happy. That belief is inherently false.

Every wealthy man or woman has only one thing in mind, staying that way. Deep down, they fear losing that wealth more than anything else. They do not own their wealth, their wealth owns them. They think about nothing else. Their love of others is lost to their desire to maintain their accounts. There is never enough for them to be happy. That is one reason they are usually losing one spouse after another because sooner or later that spouse tires of being a second hand fiddle. This is not always absolute, but it is nearly so.

The happiest person I have ever known was my great aunt Irma. She never had any money, but she had love for her children and others. She never had any attachments to money, or power. All she had was herself, she had no fear of losing anything because she had no possessions to lose.

In our lives today there are more ways to lose all of our possessions than there are ways to hold on to it. A lawsuit can rip everything away, so can the government, so can a nasty divorce. In my case, losing the love of my life due to her death ripped out my heart and took a large part of my soul with it. I still have my money, my car, my other possessions, but I would gladly give up all of those things to have her back in my life. All my happiness before was taken away because it was focused on Joyce. What I must do now is try to find that happiness from within so once I find that, then nothing or no one can take that away. That simple statement (Happiness comes from within) while sounding oh so simple is oh so difficult to attain, not impossible, but not so easy to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment