Tuesday, March 8, 2022

220308 Sentinel, Country

After I wrote yesterday’s post about alcohol, something else came to me.
Country music says a lot about life, my life.

Country music is about sadness, happiness, good times, bad times, old dogs, pickup trucks, marriage and death. Well partners, I have lived through all of those things. Despite all of that, life is good! I frequently tell other old men that life is better than the alternative, which is death. Life is a series of all those things I mentioned above. My hope is that the rest of my life still has some good left in it. I have been a saint and a sinner and have lost the true love of my life, due to her death. I have been a smoker and a drinker and felt joy and sorrow. It’s a part of life, no matter who you are. It is inescapable. Every life is different in some ways and the same in other ways. To love is life and to lose love is also a part of life. Life without love is not a pleasant way to live.

Three days ago two young boys introduced themselves to me. I have seen them riding their bikes around the complex for two years now and I have waved at them before. They are identical twins and it was their birthday. They were so nice it gave me hope for humanity’s future. The next day I was looking out my window. There is an old outdoor basketball court there and I saw a young father, mother and a boy there along with an infant in a stroller. The parents were enjoying being with their children. Dad was kicking a soccer ball with the older boy, while mom was cheering the boy on with his play. That also brought me hope and joy for the future. Life will go on and people will continue to enjoy it to its fullest.

2 comments:

  1. Choose joy and live it! I often stumble in this endeavor and thankfully always find my way back. Love you my friend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, I agree that it is a good choice and it is not an easy path to follow no matter how we try to live it. Thank you kindly for your never ending support. You and Joyce were cut from the same cloth.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete