Wednesday, February 9, 2022

220209 Sentinel, Reading

I was once an avid reader.

I was a slow reader, because my mind would drift away imagining whatever I was reading. These days my attention span is rather short as I suppose many of us are since we started using computers and tracking social media.

My grandfather was always reading and his favorite was “Readers Digest” and that was where I developed my love of reading. I enjoyed their condensed books. As Jack Webb used to say in the old Dragnet TV shows, “Just the facts mam.” Now I find a few books that can hold my attention, so I watch videos, “Just the facts mam.” This way I find everything I like in a condensed form. I watch a wide variety of subjects. I enjoy navy things past and present, UFO items, near death experiences, podcasts, comedy, computer issues (where I learned to increase my download speeds from 50 megabits to 400 megabits), and I watch stories about different myths on events that people believed long ago and TED talks on a huge variety of subjects. I also learned how to restore my plastic headlight covers to near brand new on a short video and it worked after I tried 2 other ways that did not work at all.

These days, my eyes are not what they used to be, so reading books with small print is difficult and getting large print books is limited and they turn a normal book from its size and weight into something on the order of an encyclopedia in size to sit and hold for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment