Tuesday, February 1, 2022

220201 Sentinel, Horror

This is my horror story this morning:
Things will get rough here in the next few days.
I woke up this morning and went to my laptop, ready to answer emails, Facebook posts, listen to my music list on Youtube and write a new post for today. That all went out the window quickly when I found out I had no internet.

I checked my equipment (Not my man equipment, my electronic equipment) and found it was working properly and then I restarted my router, all to no avail. My service provider is very good 99% of the time, but my internet service was not functioning this morning. I called “The Guy” and he said they were having some problems after working overnight to maintain and update their system. Having worked on mainframe computers at Burroughs in San Diego, I have experienced this before when updates failed to work properly. That was then and this is now. Without the internet, I am screwed, blued and tattooed. Most of my writing is out in the ether or the cloud. Whatever you may call it, that is where all of our connections are to the outside world. I can write on my laptop here, but then only I can see what I am writing and I can’t see what people have sent to me.

Now my only option is to make up my bed and do some housework. How much fun is that? My abode is small and there is not all that much to do and besides that it is no fun and not very rewarding if I am the only one who sees my work. (Big sigh here).

I suppose I’ll have to do some housework until my life’s blood (My internet) is returned to me. Yea! My internet finally came back after doing my housework. Now 2 hours later I am back online. I checked the weather and we are in for a huge winter storm with freezing rain, snow and icing on the power lines, which could throw us into loss of electricity, so you folks in this area, hold onto your hat it’s going to be a bumpy ride. Lucky for me, I am stocked up with canned goods and canned beer. If I once again go dark for a day or more, rest assured I will return, some time, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment