Monday, November 1, 2021

211101 Sentinel, Metaverse and the Ides of November

mobile theme
Metaverse is an interesting word.

The last week of October Mark Zuckerberg Facebook chief introduced a new word for many of us, but not a new word to the English language. The word is metaverse. His meaning goes like this. A highly immersible virtual world where people gather to socialize and work together. While I do not like Zuckerberg, his name change seems appropo. Young people and middle aged alike are emersed in their online games and smart phones for socializing or information. I can't imagine being on a date with a young lady and looking at my phone and not looking into her eyes and hoping for a wonderful evening. I suppose were I younger I might be right in there with them, but I am not interested or even want to be in the online games or the metaverse.

November, the pictures in this posting are of fall colors Joyce enjoyed.

November is part of autumn and its glorious colors were one part of Joyce's favorite season of the year. The particular events of Novembers past are not what either of us enjoyed. Joyce's father died of cancer the day before Joyce's birthday in November of 1967. All of my long navy cruises began in November. Joyce's mother had to be put on pallative care in preparation for death in November of 2006. November 1 of 2011 I fell in a bathroom and ended up with a subdural hematoma and by Christmas I couldn't even hold a spoon to feed myself. My father was admitted into a hospital on November 30 for congestive heart failure and died soon afterward. In 2017 Joyce spent the entire month in the intensive care unit of a hospital. The best dog I or anyone else ever had died on November 27 of 2007. I have never had another dog and I don't want another because people who have dogs always outlive the dog and go through a grief period over every dog they had. I'm sure that if I spent more time I could remember even more terrible events in November, but what is here is enough to get my point across to you the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment