Wednesday, October 27, 2021

211027 Sentinel, Supply Chain Inflation

mobile theme

Prices of everything are on a steep upward incline.

I have noticed gas prices are bumping up close to $3 a gallon now, higher than they were all summer. I saw a video on YouTube about the dramatic shortage of computer chips that has led to a severe decline in new car and truck production. That has led to increased prices for new vehicles and dealers are getting a big bonus over the MSRP already inflated prices. Because there are few new vehicles available people are buying up used cars causing 20-40% higher prices than last spring. I did verify that by going onto Cargurus and local dealer lots. Inflation is a real problem for retired people living on Social Security and whatever they saved during their working years which was for many if not most little or none at all.

My shopping centers around Walmart and Aldi for groceries. I am in both of them every week and Walmart is up anywhere from 60 cents to $2 this last month for grocery items and larger items like mattresses, or desks and those sorts of things it can be more than $50. Aldi prices aren’t all increased and those that are up are in the range of pocket change, but as an example I bought just about the same items this morning as I bought for last week at this time and they cost me $5 more for 29 items. They were all groceries, nothing else.

I found out who left the painting at my door a few days ago. It was a young man who visits with the young lady across the hall. I’ve seen them a few times walking around the complex and spoken to them before. Now I’ll find a way to hang it up because I do like the painting and now I know it was meant for me. I talked with the young lad as I returned from Walmart this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment