Tuesday, October 19, 2021

211019 Sentinel, Hope

mobile theme

Hope

We may be at a tipping point.

I was out shopping this morning and I saw mothers with new babies in those little carriers that seem to be popular these days. New life means new chances for humanity. Those babies in 76 years will be where I am today. I hope that they do more for the world than I did. They will have to face things I never had to in my lifetime and I pray they will do well. They will grow up, be educated, get jobs, get married and have children just as I did, but in a world far different than I had.

Right now I feel like our country is badly divided and not just politically, but a split between good people of both political parties and those who behave like assholes. It’s like we are at a tipping point and things could go either way. I see people in vehicles racing around like it’s the end of the world and their pants are on fire. Why do they have to exceed speed limits on city streets and constantly be racing down those streets? Why do they have to dump their trash on parking lots and city streets? The same people use those lots and thoroughfares every day and see their trash piling up. This is not a new thing, but it has been going on for decades now.

Back to hope for the future. I have a wonderful daughter who gave me a wonderful granddaughter. My Navy time kept me from so many events in my daughter’s life, but I have gotten to see every development in my granddaughter's lifetime. I got to hold both of them when they were just moments old and what a thrill that was. The picture here is my granddaughter in a play costume we bought for her. She wore it until it was no longer able to fit her.

She is now 17, but still very much into costumes and in organizations that continue that spirit. She is in the vanguard of my hope for the future and hopefully setting the stage for those babies I saw this morning.

May God bless all of you who read this post and hopefully bless those who never see this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment