Sunday, April 18, 2021

The Sentinel
      Being in the middle of the pack is not at all bad. I’ve been at the top and the bottom in my life and I can say being average is a good place to be. My case in point below, can you believe an average guy could ever snag a woman with a pair of legs like that? I did!

      The fact is almost all of us are average. The idea of being average is that we are in the majority. Those at the top of the range and those at the bottom are the people that are out of step.

      Some folks deserve to be at the top and some deserve to be at the bottom. My computer guru Kevin and his one-time boss Roy and my boss at Burroughs, Ted were all well deserving of the positions. Others were not. I could name a few people, but that would be of no value to me and you would not know them anyway. Being in charge of a crew is no picnic if you do the job well.

      We average people are the ones who get things done in any organization, anywhere. A good boss helps us and his/her self. That is the way things should work. My thinking is be good at what you do; you may never find your way to the top, but you will stay out of the basement.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment