Friday, January 22, 2021

Sentinel, Give Thanks 210122



I thank the Lord every day
For Him making my life this way
He gave me a beautiful wife
She is the joy of my life
He gave me a beautiful daughter too
Who to me, has always been true
He gave me a beautiful granddaughter
She’s as clean and sweet as spring water
The Lord wasn’t yet done with His plan
He gave me a son-in-law, a handsome and true man
The Lord didn’t just start recently
He’s always been here for me
He’s not always shown me roses on a sunny day
Sometimes it was rose thorns along the way
Even on the worst of days that made me sad
The Lord was beside me to get me through the bad
He taught me lessons that I needed to know
Those harsh lessons all helped me grow
I hope He’s not done with this poor old sinner today
I’ve got a lot more lessons to learn as I travel along my way

No comments:

Post a Comment