Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Hands, Farmers and Spirits 200818


Look at your hands and study them for a minute or more. Think about all the good work that was created by those 2 hands.It's astounding for us older people to think of all we have done with those 2 hands. You younger folks have accomplished a lot already, so enjoy looking at those hands. Those of you who use your smartphones have already typed thousands of letters on that phone. If you are happy with that, relish the marvel of your hands. We humans and our monkey ancestors (way back) are the only creatures that have opposible thumbs and could use a cellular phone.

I don't remember the author that wrote that "if everyone was a farmer, there woukd be no more wars." Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing? We worry about sons, daughters,nephews and nieces in harms way in hot zones around the world, but there would be no more hot zones for us to worry about if everyone was a farmer.

I read a book decades ago by a Zen Buddist Monk. In the book he wrote a story about an old monk that had a dream one night. His dream was that he was a butterfly flitting from flower to flower. When he awakened the next morning he wondered if he was a butterfly dreaming he was a man or if he was a man dreaming he was a butterfly. Now, I realize that I am a spirit who is occuping a now old body. At somw point I will leave this body and once again be a free spirit. So the saying rings true, am I a man dreaming I am a spirit or am I a spirit dreaming I am a man? I believe the latter is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment