Saturday, June 20, 2020

Your Sentinel Notes for Today June 20, 2020

The Sentinel

All the news that's fit to print and some that's not.

Normal


I used to know what normal was and for many years I lived what was a normal life. My belief is that we humans have in the past lived with a normal routine 90% of the time and the excitement rolled in 10% of the time. The 10% was where memories were made.

Today there is no normal, what was normal ended in March of this year. What was normal, I fear will never return. At some point in the future and that may be long into the future there will be a new normal. What that will be is anyone's guess, but I am optimistic that we will cope with whatever the new normal becomes.


Dream


Many years ago I had a strange dream. It was so vivid that I still remember it. I'm no prophet, but the dream now seems prophetic.

In my dream I was a child and I was standing by a small creek, so small that I could jump across it. On one side of the creek everything was dark and rainy, but when I jumped back it was all sunshine and beauty. I want to live the rest of my life on the sunny side of the creek.


December 1972


I found some old letters I wrote to our daughter in December of 1972 when I was aboard the USS Enterprise 9000 miles away. She was just a little girl so I printed them. Joyce saved the letters and I just found them today. I hope they mean as much to her today as they did and do mean to me. We are celebrating her birthday and I am going to give them to her. I am sure she doesn't remember them. I am interested to see her reaction to the letters. I hope they bring her tears of joy as they did to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment