Friday, January 3, 2020

Responsibility 200103

      We now have companies advertising to help people who were irresponsible get out of trouble they caused themselves. I see their commercials every day on TV.



      More than one and in fact several such companies get settlements for income tax. I believe the way a person gets into trouble with the IRS is to stop filing or under file one's true taxes owed. Either way, it is something a person chooses to do, therefore, there is no excuse I can see to give them a break and go to a company that promises to get them a settlement of a fraction of what they owe.

      There are a host of companies that promise to get relief from credit card problems. No one forces a person to run up their credit card to well over 10,000 dollars or up to 30,000 dollars, well beyond anything they could possibly hope to repay. That is, I believe just a case of irresponsible handling of one's personal finances. I have a suspicion the companies that participate in this sham are merely a front for the credit card companies, seeking to get at least a small portion of what they are owed rather than losing all of it to a bankruptcy.

      Another peeve of mine is bankruptcy. Now with this I can understand a situation where a family gets hit with medical bills that are staggering and force them to declare bankruptcy. Then again I think so many people are just overextending themselves due to poor management of their funds and being irresponsible. I can bet that the lawyers they go to accept cash only.

      As always I could be wrong in my thinking; it would not be my first time. Should anyone have something opposed to my thinking, feel free to enlighten me.

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2026 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment