Wednesday, December 18, 2019

What If 191218



      There are a lot of what ifs in anyone’s lifetime. I think about them from time to time.

      What if we had stayed in Coronado, California when I got out of the navy? We would have bought a house there and most likely have made a ton of money on selling the house a decade or two later. We would have made a lot more money than we did coming back here.

      What if we had bought Joyce’s grandfather’s house after he died? Joyce would have loved all the memories she had there as a child and the house did appreciate considerably in value later on. It was not to be though, because I was still in the navy at the time.

      What if I had taken a job offer working on the border patrol planes when I got out of the navy? We would have stayed on Coronado, had the house there and made good money at the same time, certainly more than I did working here.

      What if I had got out of the navy after my first enlistment and went back to my home town? I don’t think that would have worked out well for us at all. One thing I know is we would have missed out on meeting so many different people from so many different cultures and that would be sad for us to have not had that experience.

      What if I had never met Joyce? It could have not happened easily. This is one I cannot imagine, or perhaps the thought of it is too difficult to comprehend. That’s the story I am sticking to.

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment