Saturday, November 9, 2019

"You Know" 191109

      This is a phrase I just cannot tolerate.



      This phrase "you know" when anyone uses it seems so very wrong to me because when someone says it that person is going to tell you something he/she thinks you don't actually know.

      I hear it constantly in conversation and I always think if someone starts with the phrase, they are going to correct me. I know that I don't know everything or a lot of things, but just don't use that phrase with me. I would prefer if they said something like, "I think you are wrong on this subject, the truth is bla, bla,bla." Then I could learn something, but when someone starts with well you know, I just shut down. Perhaps I am wrong in my thinking or speech, so just come out and say, "I think you are incorrect, or you are just not understanding, or this is the truth."

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment