Thursday, November 29, 2018

Random notes for today, 181129



      I made a simple mistake this morning and followed it up with, "I just don't know what is wrong with me?" Joyce said, "wait a minute, I get my list." I don't know, but that seemed a little harsh to me. She does still have a sense of humor, or does she?
      The stores are all filled with Christmas items, delicious treats, Things we don't need and yet the old credit card never has a chance to cool off between buying things. It starts with groceries, then treats, then sundries, then cooking utensils and before I know it, there's hardly any money or space for beer. I have to be careful when I open the pantry door for fear that there will be an explosion of food bursting out at me. It doesn't matter though, because we keep buying more. I am not sure exactly what is in the back of the pantry, haven't seen it since mid summer. Now it seems like whatever I need is always behind two other things and then I am trying to balance those two other things in one hand while I reach for what I want with my other hand. The top shelf is up so high that neither of us can see what is there and even if we could, trying to get something from there could create an avalanche that would bring on a doctor's visit and we already have enough of those, actually more than we care for these days.
      All that said, life is wonderful and if there comes an apocalypse we will have enough to eat for another three weeks or more.
      Copyright Bill Weber 2018 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment