Friday, November 2, 2018

Rose 181102


      It took me more than 10 years to write this post. I could never write about my mother until now. It was just not in me.
      As you can see in the picture, Rose had her share of children to love. If you know me you may spot me in the picture. Rose had one more after this picture.

      Rose Regina was her name
      Regina Rose was her claim
      a wonderful mother she was to me
      a powerful influence she'll always be
      named for a flower elegant and sweet
      her company was always a treat
      always kind, her friends were many
      but make her mad, find thorns aplenty
      always looking for guidance from above
      always gave her children her love
      every season a beautiful new bloom
      with an air about her to fill the room
      no matter what was laid at her feet
      her gentle nature was ever sweet
      bared against wind and storm
      she flexed her tiny form
      all her sweetness and guiding light
      could change when there was a fight
      threaten her brood and her Irish came out
      she was willing and ready for a 15 round bout
      be it he or she, big or tall
      Rose had no fear at all
      
      
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment