Tuesday, November 20, 2018

An Alternative Reality Chapter 2



      Suddenly it occurred to me that somehow I had slipped into another dimension or perhaps a time warp. My abundant joy at the seemingly good fortune that had befallen me turned into sadness as I realized I might never get back to Joyce and we would never be together again. She would be living in her dimension, her time period and I was stuck in mine. I have continued looking for a way back, but I never yet found one. Now I rest in a different, very nice home, but I continue to wonder how Joyce is doing, if she is well and if we will ever meet again?
      Every day I walk along my new neighborhood and look up at that platform. It is still there, but only I can see it. I don’t understand why that is, unless I am actually in yet another dimension when I pass by that house and look up at the platform. How many dimensions or time warps can there be? Am I going to end up in yet another dimension as I try different ways to get back to Joyce? The family in that home I entered before has a restraining order against me so I cannot go within 100 feet of their home or approach any family member.
      One morning I got up and decided to take a walk in the woods surrounding my new home. As I walked deeper into the woods I came upon an opening into a cave. It was dark with very cool air coming out. I wondered if there might be a bobcat or a bear inside. I sniffed the air but detected no foul air coming out, so I decided to walk into the cave. I remembered stories I have read about monks and shamans that went into caves to meditate and or contact spirits for intuition or guidance. I thought I might also find some guidance or peace being in there alone with my thoughts. I could not see much at all, but the chilled, damp air and the anticipation of what I might find made my spine tingle.
      As I continued into the cave I saw a pinpoint of light, following it as it got bigger with every step, I emerged into bright sunshine. I knew I had not walked more than 50 yards through the cave, but there were no houses, no roads, just a primitive wilderness. Before long I saw a clearing ahead and after walking out I saw what looked like teepees. Hmm, must be a boy scout campground, I thought I might as well walk over and say hello.
      As I approached the camp several dogs started barking, followed thereafter by a half dozen natives. Oh, okay it’s a powwow going on. The natives walked up and surrounded me and the leader began speaking in his language, which I had no idea of what he was saying. It dawned on me that these were not the Oklahoma native friends that Joyce and I know. The leader turned to walk back to the camp and the ones behind me gave me a shove to follow their leader. Entering the camp several native women came out in their buckskin dresses, but with no adornment. That told me this was no powwow; this was the real thing! Somehow I had passed into yet another dimension or more likely a time warp because the terrain was not terribly different, just the point in time. The way they were looking at me I figured they had never seen a spindly old man with pasty white skin. My brain started spinning, wondering if they would stone me or kill me or who knows what?.............
      
      
      Copyright Bill Weber 2018 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment