Friday, September 28, 2018

Rocky mountain high


      The Rocky mountains are something that one never forgets seeing. These many pictures in this post are from the Red Feather Lakes 9000 feet high, a decade or so in the past.

      Some of the gorges there dropped off several hundred feet before hitting another shelf.
      This view is so beautiful to me.
      The moose were plentiful up there in the area.
      Every time I look at this picture it just makes me smile. Joyce was willing to be on that four-wheeler running around the old logging roads up there with those precipitous drops all around. It surprised me to no end.
      This was a little trading post up in Red Feather Lakes. I thought that wooden carving was really well done.
      This was a deer Doug had shot and it was mounted on the wall of his cabin.
      The next 2 pictures were in a bar in the area and I thought they were funny.
      

























      This last one just astounded me. That tree grew in a small crevice in the rocks. I don't know how it happened, but it seems like a work of art and who would believe it was real on a canvas without actually seeing it in real life?
      
      
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment