Sunday, August 12, 2018

Party Hearty 180812



      In my post yesterday "Wonderful Day" I mentioned different friends, but didn't mention some others that we had a great time with. In the Litton days we had some good times with Tracy Camp (co-op and later chemical rep) Alex Meadows, Todd Gill, and one great party for Rick Creiger at the once famous Knight Tyme bar after Litton closed. There were so many ex-Littonites there it was a blast. There were Rick, Bill Cameron, Michele Fredrick, Jim Knight, Audie Luna, maybe Sharon Friedhofen, even Sue Fuller ( who reminded me that I should have turned in my Litton badge when I left. I had, but after I made a great copy of it on my printer that fooled everyone, except for the time clock) the rest of the names are not coming to me at the moment, but most of the people I knew over my 20 years at Litton were there. It was so much fun with the hi and goodbyes I didn't even notice the ceiling was covered with ladies bras until someone told me to look up at the ceiling. Apparently that had been a tradition for many years. The ladies would go into the restroom, remove their bras and hand them over, sort of like the wild west where cowboys had to hand over their guns in a saloon, but far more interesting! I never saw so many bras in my life. I think I must have missed a lot of good times in that bar. I think even my daughter said she was there during earlier times.
      We had legendary parties (all sailors and marines and wives) in Millington Tennessee, ones that roared from noon until the next morning (hint, never drink home-made wine after all the beer and whiskey is gone).
      San Diego parties were awesome too. The engineering department at Burroughs had achievement conferences every year (better known as engineering drunk outs). Kevin, me, Gary Zieber, Wilmer Johnson had some crazy times, lets just say at other people's expense. Kevin, Gary and I started hours before one event and were in nautical terms 3 sheets to the wind when we went by Mike Myers's house to take him with us. He did not answer the door and we thought he was not home. So the idea came up (you know the way male dogs mark their territory) we thought we should mark Mike's door to let him know we had been there to take him to the engineering event.
      Funny how the best times seem to have alcohol involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment