Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Notes 1807



      I had a worrisome weekend. I was concerned that I had not yet received my electric bill and I had not received my car license plate renewal. We have had problems getting our mail before, so I was thinking maybe that was happening again. I wrote a note to call both places on Monday. Sunday night I went to sleep and had an excellent rest and was prepared for the morning. I called the DMV to ask why I didn't get my renewal notice. The message was "you are #21 in line to speak with a representative." That was not good to hear, but surprisingly it only took 16 minutes wait time. The rep was very nice and when I detailed the problem and my identity she told me the reason I did not get my renewal is because my license plates do not expire until August of Next Year! Well now, I sure felt like the happy fool. So my day started to get a lot better.
      That completed with a good result made me ready to face the next challenge after our trip to the fitness center (that always makes us feel good). I stopped at the mail box as we entered our parking lot; low and behold, the electric bill was there in the box, happy face! I wrote a check and it is in the mail. Just two simple things I thought had made my day.
      Just like the TV commercial says, "but wait, there's more." We just got an email from our nephew and he will arrive tomorrow for a visit and he's bringing his girlfriend, whom we have heard about for years, but never met. Whew I am getting tired of all the wonderful "winning" events of the day. If only there would be a knock on the door and it would be Publisher's Clearing House prize patrol with $1000 a day for life.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment