Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Internet Service 1705

I got my internet bill yesterday and my rate went from $44.94 to $76.37! I instantly remembered John Goodman’s classic words uttered in the movie “The Big Lebowski” “This will not stand!” I stewed over that all yesterday, the 30th. My cost would go up tomorrow the 1st of June. So today, May 31st I started my search for a new provider. The first thing that came up on Google was my very same provider with a deal with the same speed for a one year contract (what I have been unknowingly been under) for the last year, with a rate including modem rental of $29.95. My head just about exploded! I picked up my phone, dialed the number and said, “I saw my rate just jumped and in my search for a new provider, the first thing I see is your company with this lower rate.” The nice lady said, “I can sign you up for that if you agree to go paperless and do an auto-pay.” Well that even saves me a trip to the office every month to save a stamp and ensure my payment is on time. Our postal service is not very reliable here. End result, a happy day, no hours searching for a new provider and no more trips to the office. I think I’ll have another beer and sit out on the patio enjoying a victorious challenge and another happy day of retirement.
The lesson here (if there is a lesson) is always try to negotiate in a kind manner and if that fails, then tell them to shove it up their ass!


No comments:

Post a Comment