Wednesday, July 20, 2016

But Wait!

I know by now you have all seen the TV commercials for sealers, glues, cleaning products and so forth. They all start by showing the value of the product and then move on to its low price. Then just as you contemplate its value to you, then you see “But Wait!” Of course you get two of the product for just $10 or $19.99 but pay for separate shipping and handling. It is a clever ploy and it must work or the manufacturers would not do the advertising.
Now here is my thinking, cars and especially trucks seem dramatically overpriced. I would like to see an ad on one of those $50,000 trucks or cars that ends in “But Wait!” Call now and get a second truck free, just pay separate shipping. That would be a commercial I might just try out, that is if I had the original $50,000.
That ad would definitely work for me if the ad was for a $200 laptop or a $400 TV followed by “But Wait!” I would upgrade my electronics in a heartbeat.

Hmm, now what about a beer commercial “But Wait!” oh that sounds like a real good ad; of course I don’t drink that much to want to store an extra four or six cases of beer in the house, but I might just try it once, you know to see how much the separate shipping and handling would amount to on the beer. One thing with buying beer that way, there are no moving parts to wear out and complete satisfaction would not be a worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment