Sunday, July 3, 2016

A few notes 716

I am amused and sometimes astounded by the outfits young boys wear. One came by yesterday with a huge orange oversized ball cap that made his head look like a peanut. It looked like the hat was right off the shelf and not fitted to his head. And then it dawned on me that when I was 16 I had a multi-colored plaid shirt that I liked to wear with my green checkered trousers and I must have thought the outfit looked pretty spiffy.
I remember about that time that I could buy a little rolled up paper that had my horoscope on it. I would unroll the paper and read about how wonderful and fun-loving I was simply because I was a Leo. It went on to say what a warm and conscientious person I was and a good friend to those I knew. On the backside it listed my lucky numbers (I wish I could remember them) and indicated I would be having a good day, a good week and a future so wonderful only I could have it. Those days are gone and I haven’t read one of those columns in a long time. I never read one that said I would one day be this old or perhaps my future next week would have just a blank space, maybe I would not want to know that.

Yesterday I was sitting out on the patio when I heard a bird chirping in a slightly different way than normal. I looked up in the pine tree and there were two sparrows getting it on in a big way. It reminded me of when I raised chickens and how the rooster would mount them. Now when a person raises chickens for the eggs one has to check the hen’s vent periodically to ensure it is moist because a hen with a dried-up vent is no longer laying eggs and that hen ends up in the stew pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment