Thursday, June 2, 2016

Time 1606

         The Steve Miller Band had a big hit “Fly Like an Eagle” some years ago. The U.S. postal service used the fly like an eagle reference from the song in their commercials on TV. The refrain I feel like I am living from the song is “Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin, into the future.”
         I liked the song at the time and now as I age, I appreciate it even more. Each year whirls past me at an ever faster pace. There is nothing I can do about it and I am not sure I would if I could.
         When I was a child, time seemed to drag on and on, especially if I was anticipating an event like the end of school or Christmas Day. Does this mean I have nothing more to look forward to? I hope not. I want to write a lot more before my last breath. I want more good times, good food and good beer. Good times I can experience; good food I can taste; good beer I can only rent. That said, I have had a good life, longer than many others had. A few more good years will not hurt me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment