Monday, April 11, 2016

Home

          There's an old saying, "There's no place like home." I think Dorothy said that in the movie The Wizard of Oz. There is some truth to that to be sure, but what about when home no longer feels like home? What about when a person can no longer keep up with his home? That is where I am now. 

          For the longest time Joyce and I have been living in and talking about the past. I suppose that is what most old people do, not sure because this is the first time I have ever been this old.

          Now, for the first time in years we are looking forward to our future. The house is under contract and we know where we are going to land. Now the future is on our mind and we are planning for it. It is such a refreshing feeling, venturing into the future for a change. Memories are gold, but they are gone and are never to return, well until I get a few beers in me and then they roll out like dice on a craps table.

          I hope that a new location, new surroundings, will bring fresh new ideas to write about. City living after so long in the country will certainly be different. Everything will be close by so instead of a half day trip to get anywhere we need for groceries or sundries will be just blocks away, not 25 miles away. We are excited and anxious to begin our new life. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment