Friday, April 15, 2016

Flowers for today

          It is really spring at this point. The Mulberry tree has leafed out and that means no more frost, or at least that has been correct for the last 27 years. I have been so busy these past weeks I haven't posted much, but today's looks like a good one.

         First up is the cherry tree, with a closeup and a more distant view.

          Here are some columbine that have not visited for a while. They have beautiful colors, but are always facing down and seem sad.
          Here are some Iris that were here when we came and are still thriving. I like them because of their color and while the petals seem fragile, they will take a pounding from the winds here and still come back.
          Last for today is the Star of Bethlehem. These flowers never miss a spring and they too have been here for longer than I have. I have dug them up during projects and flung the dirt out back and the next year there are more where I threw the dirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment