Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl Sunday

Football is the biggest sport in the world. It does not matter if it is American football or what the rest of the world mistakenly calls football, where a bunch of skinny guys chase a round ball around a walled backyard. The game of football draws the biggest crowds, the rowdiest crowds and makes the most money. 


I must back up here for a moment; what I meant was a fun-loving rowdy American crowd. Those other round ball football crowds have their playoffs and world cup where the fans for the losing teams sometimes rush on to the field and beat the winning team players to death. Those other countries have to have armed soldiers between the crowd and the players at world cup games. Now that's rowdier than a country-western bar in Alabama on a Saturday night. So far that has not happened in America, but we do have armed security to protect the crowd from round ball country terrorists who might want to ruin our national game. 


I see that a 30 second commercial spot today costs $5,000,000, five million dollars wasted on guys like me who will be drinking beer and using commercial breaks for potty breaks. I assume Budweiser will be running several commercials while I am doing my running for the bathroom.


Happy Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment