Sunday, December 27, 2015

End of 2015 beginning of 2016

     2015 is nearly over and I say good riddance to it. This has been a trying year on many fronts. I will not go into all of the details, suffice to say 2016 has to be a better year! I have no great plan for the year; I do not know where it will take me, but I plan on facing it with a positive attitude. I have found that my attitude determines whether an event is good or bad, not the event itself. 
     I remember the ice storm of January 2007. My attitude was (at the time) very positive and despite 14 days of no power, back-breaking work finding wood, cutting, drying and burning enough each day to get inside temperatures in the house up to 40 degrees; it was an adventure. Once the weather got better and power was finally restored, I still had downed branches covering the ground on every point of the compass. Some areas were stacked 3 feet high. Some even higher as seen in the picture below.
     I made it through a year of adversity and enjoyed it because my attitude and outlook was kept positive.
     I hope my 2016 can be as positive as 2007 was. I plan on it and I hope your 2016 is your best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment