Sunday, May 31, 2015

I Hope You Like the Pictures I took out in the Woods Today

I had to stop and have a hand full of these delicious mulberries as I walked through the woods today. Mulberries are the juiciest and most delicious fruits on the planet. The wildlife here on the farm love them.

The mulberry tree that bore the fruit is still small, but we have an older tree that has a trunk circumference of more than 3 feet, is close to a hundred years old and still producing fruit.

On the other hand, these tiny acorns are from a skinny little oak tree shown in the next picture.

Look how skinny this young oak is today. This is the one that produced the acorns above.

This is a close up of the buckwheat Rhett planted this spring. The next picture is of the entire plot of buckwheat.

This is the buckwheat plot Rhett planted.

I have no idea of what this is and it has never been here before. When we lived in California the nurseries there sold something similar and called elephant ears.

It has been so rainy here a beaver built this dam this spring.

Here is another wild weed flower that I do not know the name of and never did.

 

This is another unknown, but it is pretty.

This is my favorite oak tree. It is massive and I suspect it is over 100 years-old.


No comments:

Post a Comment