Friday, August 29, 2014

More Google Woes

I have been blogging on Google since 2006 and have posted 486 times. Before that I rented my own server and had posted there since 2001. I saved what I could from the old server, but have not published any more of those old posts because recreating it would be a tremendous job. This year I found a way to take and import my old Sentinel news blog into my new I  saw 3 seas blog so I jumped at the opportunity. It took a while, but they all imported and I could see they were listed on Google, so I deleted the old blog. What I didn't know was Google imported the old blogs, but did not import the pictures with them so the old blogs have text, but no pictures. I also discovered many of the recent posts prior to April 14 of this year have no pictures with them. Finding and replacing all of those missing pictures is a major undertaking, so I doubt I will ever re-post them with all of those pictures. Had I known that I probably wouldn't have closed the old blog, but again due to Google not distinguishing between me and the other fellow with a similar name I had no way of knowing if he could access my blog as he undoubtedly was able to get to my mail. My advice to you at this point is if you want a Google mail  account, and you are seeking a user name only to find there are many similar names and Google suggests a slight variation of your name, do not take it, find something with no similarities and you will stand a much better chance not having the troubles I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment