Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Little Color Around the Farm Today

These are Autumn Olive berries and the birds just love them. They wouldn't even leave the shrubs while I was taking the picture. 

 I was surprised seeing the Black Eyed Susan still blooming today. They usually die off after our hot summers.


Another surprise,  the butterflies are still visiting our wild daisies.


My nemesis, the poison ivy plant. I cannot eradicate this foul plant. It is pretty though.







Robinson crab-apples are always pretty. The birds usually leave it for last, when there is nothing else to eat.

Sumac is very pretty this time of year.

Virginia Creeper has more red color than anything here on the farm.


This is more Virginia Creeper. It climbs trees all over the farm.









I am still waiting for the mums to bloom. This year they did not bloom in the spring and they are delaying still. I just hope I can get some pictures before frost.








No comments:

Post a Comment