Friday, May 3, 2013

May, Really May?



It is so unusual for us to have a snow in May and I cannot even remember one in my life here. I sat down and wrote this little story about our morning snow today.


Tree branches bent to the ground

Snow still falling all around

Is this really May

Or an April storm that lost its way

Beautiful purple Iris covered in white

Like a child’s ice cream sundae delight

Daylilies covered with mounds of snow

Make me wonder if they’ll continue to grow

Cherry blossoms encased in white

Denying me their pleasant sight

Overtaxed branches snap and fall

As I sit here gazing at the wonder of it all

It’s so quiet there’s nary a sound

Until a clump of snow falls to ground

Now I have to wait and see

If the rest of spring’s blossoms are to be


No comments:

Post a Comment