Friday, October 12, 2012

Found

I have spent the last two days consolidating my tools and supplies into the basement. I have had the tools spread out in the garage, the truck, the barn and the basement and I was having trouble finding things I needed. As I cleaned out the basement storage areas prior to placing all the new found tools I found a few things I did not remember having. I found 2 florescent light starters for 24 inch florescent light tubes. I had removed the lamps from the house over 20 years ago. Next I found a GE vinyl foam sleeve I used back in the 1970 time frame for removing vacuum tubes while troubleshooting the old TV sets. I found a manual for a cassette recorder I bought in 1984. In the truck I uncovered a Bicentennial first aid kit under the seat. It was never used. The best of all was a 5000 count box of staples bought some time in the fifties in Danville Illinois. The company that sold the staples had their name, address and phone number on the box. The phone number was 58, just 2 digits, the shortest phone number I have ever seen in my life. Knowing family history, the never used box of staples bought in Danville Illinois was moved to Florida, moved a second time in Florida, moved to Saint Louis, moved a second and a third time there and finally one more time here and now 10 years later they will finally be moved to the local trash center as we have no stapler that they will fit into. I have no excuse now for not finding my tools, but I am working on one as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment