Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter on the Farm


I started writing this early in the morning today when the thermostat in the house was still at our usual 60 degrees we set for overnight. As the day went on, we gradually bumped the setting up. Now at 4:30 in the afternoon, it is up to 70 inside, but the north wind is blowing fiercely, the furnace is running constantly and I am sitting here in a shirt, sweatshirt and a winter coat. The good news is I am just now beginning to warm up, and Joyce is cooking breakfast, my favorite meal for supper. Life is good on the farm!



Winter on the Farm

Winter skies all cloudy and gray
Hide our sunshine for the day
Gentle flakes falling down
Rapidly cover up the ground 

The northern winds outside, bring a chill
Back here at my table, I am shivering still
Summer seems, so far away
On such a brisk, winter day 

The trees are all gray and brown
Leaves have all fallen to the ground
Looking out the window over the farm
Is the only way to stay nice and warm


No comments:

Post a Comment