Monday, November 28, 2011

Grandpa’s Christmas Admonition


When I was a little boy, my Grandfather once said to me, “You kids get too much for Christmas. When I was a boy all I got for Christmas was a couple of oranges and a handful of nuts.” It was many years later when I was a grown man that his words, then stern, suddenly became funny to me. Think about those words again; “When I was a boy all I got for Christmas was a couple of oranges and a handful of nuts.” It became funny when Rodney Dangerfield, the comedian told his joke, “When I was young, we were so poor; if I hadn’t been a boy I would have had nothing to play with!” I chuckle every year when I think about Grandpa’s words. He never realized the innuendo in his statement. It is so lucky for me that I do. Life is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment