Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring is Here if Only for a Moment


Today was the first nice day of the year. The sun was shining, the wind was nil and I felt warm for the first time this year. It was so nice I took my sweatshirt off after the picture was taken. I found the first dandelion growing in the yard. Pretty soon the sparrows will be chasing about the yard picking the millions of tiny dandelion seeds that blow everywhere. The daffodils are turning a slight shade of yellow where the flowers will bloom. The green of the grass is visible all over the yard, pasture and at small meadows in the woods. I cannot help but feel good being out and about on a day like today. I made several bags of mulch for the upcoming flower season using the chipper-shredder. One thing we have a lot of here is fodder for the shredder. I have already transplanted some Iris and repaired the north fence to keep the neighbor's cows out of the yard. I can hardly wait for the fruit trees to bloom. If all goes well that should start in another week to ten days. There is nothing like closeup pictures of fruit blossoms and of course being right there, the fragrance of those blossoms is overpowering. The deer usually get most of the fruit, but just having the blooms is enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment