Thursday, November 18, 2010

‘Time Lost’

Time is such a relative thing
We never know what the future will bring
The past, we will never again see
It exists, as just a memory

Time is all I have today
I hate to think it is wasted away
That’s why I hate to sit and wait
It’s a total loss without rebate

I sit and wait for the car service to be done
No food, no drink, it’s really no fun
I sit and wait; my mind starts to play
The time it seems, slowly drifts away

The tech comes in, air filter in hand
It’s black as dirt; I make no stand
Just one more thing to add to my bill
One more thing, I’m waiting for still

They try to sell me some tires as well
They’re nearly gone, I too can tell
“I really don’t have the time,” I say
Truth is I’m tired of waiting around today

No comments:

Post a Comment